Missouri has been an American in the region of the Midwest , known by the nickname of “Show Me State”. You can find many cities there; Branson, Cape Girardeau, Columbia, Hannibal, Hermann, Independence, Jefferson City – State capital, Joplin, Kansas City, Neosho, St. Joseph, St. Louis, Sedalia, and Springfield.
- The North East – home to Hannibal and Kirksville
- The North West – where St. Joseph
- The ‘ Area of St. Louis – The urban area includes the city of St. Louis as well as St. Louis also St. Charles
- The ‘ Area of Kansas City – The urban area of Kansas City includes in addition to Kansas City also Independence
- The Centre – includes Jefferson City and Columbia
- The South East – Includes Ste Genevieve , Poplar Bluff and Cape Girardeau
- The South West Is In The Ozarks – includes Springfield , Joplin , West Plains , and Branson.
- Mastodon State Historic Site Imperial, MO (636) 464-2976
- Ste Genevieve – the first center set up by the settlers of Missouri with a brick building era arrived intact to our days on the west bank of the Mississippi River
- Lake of the Ozarks
According to William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways , St. Louis is the last city of the old East, while Kansas City is the first city of the Wild West. Missouri is known as the state’s “Prove it, let me see it” . This means that the people of Missouri do not believe what you say as long as you do not provide concrete evidence of what they alleged. The slogan appears even on license plates.