Pennsylvania is a state in the United States of America . Local attractions include the cities of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia , Pittsburgh and Harrisburg . A special tourism is concentrated in Lancaster County , a region that is dominated by the religious community of the Amish.
Regions and Cities
- Northwestern Pennsylvania : Erie , Sharon
- Pittsburgh Metro Area : Pittsburgh
- Allegheny National Forest : Warren Bradford
- Central Pennsylvania : State College , Harrisburg , Allentown
- Southern Pennsylvania : Altoona , Johnstown
- Northern Tier
- The Poconos
- Coal Region : Wilkes-Barre , Scranton
- Pennsylvania Dutch Country : Lancaster
- Delaware Valley : Philadelphia
In Pennsylvania, bears the name Keystone State. With an area of 119,283 km ², it occupies the 33.Platz in the ranking of the largest states. The capital is Harrisburg. The state was in 1681 by English Quaker William Penn founded, all newcomers who promised complete religious freedom. On December 12, 1787 Pennsylvania joined as a second state (after Delaware in) the 13 founding members of the American Union. 1790 Philadelphia temporary capital of the new nation until 1800 the seat of government to Washington, was laid.
Due to the number of ethnic German immigrants sizes – in a 2006 census approximately 30% of respondents reported having to ethnic German ancestors – has in addition to English to Pennsylvania Dutch naturalized a German language version. This is now mainly from the Amish , especially in Lancaster County said.