Ohio is located in the Midwest of the United States. The state has natural boundaries on Lake Erie to the Ohio River in the north and the south. Neighboring states are Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. The landscape is flat due to ice in the North West and is only at the transitions to the Appalachian Mountains and the hilly Allegheny Mountains to the southwest and southeast.
In Summer, On the coast it can be humid, weather conditions are such at home but rarely. Threat is posed by thunderstorms, which may well be very violent. In Winter, Ice cold and changeable, very windy on the coast, inland strict. It can reach temperatures below -15 degrees!
Places to visit:
- Cleveland – the catchment area of the city of 3 million people live.
- Columbus – Ohio’s capital city.
The existing state of 88 counties can be roughly divided into five regions:
- North West – flat, dominantly agricultural area around Toledo , according to the Indiana to the west and Michigan extends to the north.
- North East (NEO) – also known as “Greater Cleveland” known.
- Center – shallow, dominantly agricultural area, the capital of the Columbus surrounds.
- Southwest – hilly landscapes along the river Ohio, surrounding the city of Cincinnati and went to Kentucky about.
- Southeastern very hilly, with coal mining embossed area in the foothills of Appalachian Mountains in Pennsylvania and West Virginia . The region also includes the Wayne National Forest .