New York is a state in the United States of America. The State of New York, and “The Empire State”, is situated on the northern coast of the United States of America. It extends from the Atlantic coast to the Great Lakes (Lake Ontario) and Canada. The following U.S. states bordering New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Massachusetts and Connecticut. The capital is Albany. The interest of most visitors focus on New York City , especially Manhattan . Even upstate New York , that that part of New York State, not the New York City and Long Iceland is, however, has also many worthwhile goals, among which the Niagara Falls and Boldt Castle in the Thousand Iceland region are the most famous.
Regions and Cities:
- Western New York – Buffalo, Niagara Falls, Rochester, Jamestown
- Finger Lakes : Auburn, Geneseo, Canandaigua, Ithaca, Penn Yan, Waterloo
- Southern Tiers : Wellsville , Corning , Elmira , Binghamton , Norwich , Oneonta
- Central New York : Syracuse , Cortland , Rome , Utica
- North Country : Canton , Malone , Plattsburgh , Watertown
- Adirondack Mountains : Saranac Lake
- Capital District : Albany (capital), Schenectady , Troy , Glens Falls
- Catskill Mountains
- Shawangunk Ridge : Middletown
- Hudson Valley : Poughkeepsie , Newburgh , Yonkers
- New York City
- Long Iceland
New York City, Long Island is preceded by Iceland with endless sandy beaches and interesting towns. Inland, the Hudson River Valley, the Adirondack Mountains (Mount Marcy 1,628 m), the Appalachian Plateau and the Finger Lakes. The most popular attraction outside the cultural metropolis of New York, the Niagara Falls on Lake Ontario.
The climate of the state is humid temperate on the coast and inland continental. The summers are sunny and warm and consistently marked by long periods of good weather. It can be quite humid Kann on the coast. At the time, could occur even heavy thunderstorms. The winter is short, but very cold. In the high altitudes allows snow to ski. The “Indian Summer” in the fall offers a unique atmosphere with bright golden foliage trees and mild days.