The bridge Chengyang also called the Bridge of the wind and rain Chengyang.The bridge is located in a region populated by ethnic Dong , each village has its own deck of wind and rain ( Feng Qiao Yǔ in pinyin ). These are monuments and topped with turrets painted pagoda-shaped. Their function is primarily to celebrate the spirit supposed to live there and incidentally to cross a river.
The bridge is sometimes called Chengyang Yongji Bridge (in traditional sinogram:永济桥in sinograms simplified:永济桥, pinyin: Ji Qiao Yǒng) or bridge Panlong (in traditional sinogram:盘龙桥in sinograms simplified :盘龙桥, pinyin: Pan Long Qiao). It crosses the river in the village of Linxi Ma’an. Built of wood in five stacks of stone, was completed in 1916 . Each stack is topped by a tower to the appearance of pagoda .