Changgyeonggung is a palace under five palaces in Seoul , during the period of the Joseon Dynasty were built. His original name when it was built in 1419, was Suganggung . After the renovation in 1483, he received the present name Changgyeonggung . The palace was built during the Imjin War, the end of the 16th Century, destroyed and rebuilt in 1616.
During the period when Korea, a province of Japan was, was (at that time for the Chinese characters on the grounds of the Royal Palace Changgyeonggung 昌庆宫 Shōkeikyū called) from the Japanese provincial government to a zoo, botanical garden (the so-called Shokei park set up) and a museum . The South Korean government was removed in 1983, the Zoo and the Botanical Garden.